That’s right I said 2nd Trimester! We were suppose to have our 12 week appointment yesterday, but after waiting almost 2 hours the Doc got called in to do an emergency C-section. So we rescheduled for this morning. We heard pumpkins heartbeat of 168 so we were all happy with that. The Doctor offered the NT scan but we declined it because our insurance doesn’t cover it. We also know we wouldn’t do anything if the baby had downs so no NT scan for us. At the end the doctor said “You two have the deer in the headlight look, it’s ok to be happy.”
We are thrilled belief me we are thrilled. But being on this side of infertility is so uncharted what do we do now. No more tests, no more, surgeries, no more living with the in-laws.
I do have a shopping trip planned to help my boobs find a bigger home. They are taking over my body along with my belly. I also plan to shop for some more maternity clothes. I might start my gift registry if Mark gives me the thumbs up. Oh yeah and were are pretty close to finalizing Rachel as our girl name. No headway on boys names. Mark doesn’t like any I have thrown out there but yet he doesn’t have suggestions.
We have our next appointment in 4 weeks just to check the heartbeat. I didn’t mention the Doppler that should be arriving today. I didn’t want to irritate Mark.