So after my boss and I decided part-time wouldn’t work it was going to be SAHM time the anxiety kicked in. Will I really want to be home 100% of the time? Will I miss my job, making my own money, etc? The reality of it is I don’t know, I can’t answer that right now. I think I’m going to want to stay home but I don’t know I will. I can’t make that decision until she gets here and I live that life for a couple of months.
So…I quickly told my boss this morning as he was rushing out the door. He supports whatever I want to do he just doesn’t want me ping-ponging with my decision. HR thinks it’s a good idea to take the maternity leave to figure things out and I can always quit the day I come back. So they pulled my job posting and are hiring a temp to cover me for at least a couple of months. Right now I am at peace with this knowing I have time to make a decision. I get to collect my pay for a few more weeks, etc. Mark has been supportive of whatever I decide to do but agrees it’s wise to take the maternity leave.
Now I have to decide on infant care when I come back. Do I put her in a daycare or hire a nanny for a couple of weeks? Who knows….